The most recent module of our Business Mastery Program dove deep into Culture, Team Work, and Productive Meetings and here is what we touched on from my notes during our workshop:
- Position Agreements and how to get employees to know what we expect of them
- Steve Jobs and how/why he put A players together
- A vs. B. vs. C Players in a business, what percent of the population is each, and how that impacts engagement.
- Who comes to work fully engaged trying to move the needle at any cost to do the best for the company.
- How companies steal A Players from each other.
- Who gets the job does and implements and why they don’t come up with the cool concepts
- The actual mathematical correlation between Engagement and Profit.
- What percentage of employees in America are ACTIVELY DISENGAGED in their job who are actively hurting their company every day they come to work.
- The difference a smile makes on a paycheck according to Jim Rohn
- Which team members coaching helps and how.
- Why business owners rarely actually know what is expected of each of their team members.
- How office politics play into the team
- The value of loyal opposition and how to cultivate it
- The COACH Process for conversations with employees
- How to find common ground and commend your team members
- Where to focus the conversation and establish a plan going forward
- When to realize that someone may be beyond coaching and simply not be a fit for your company
- Why “What we don’t confront, we validate” and how you’re implicitly giving your employees permission to do what you may not want.
- How to attract Solution Finders
- The open ended conversation RESPECT Meeting structure
- The connection between Marslow’s Hierarchy of Needs and Herzberg’s Two Factors (Motivators and Hygiene Factors)
- How to get 2-3x as much work done in 1/2 to 1/3 the time
- How to give your team the opportunity to do good work
- Knowing WHO you are going to hire
- How to urge team members to be “squeakier” and challenge you more often.
Want to join us for a future Business Mastery session or catch the full replay of the session above? Join us for a Mastermind Test Drive to see if our Mastermind is a fit for you. Mastermind Members get full access to our live and recorded Business Mastery sessions like the one above!
Who’s Your Peer Advisory Group?
Who do you bounce ideas off with, get expert insights from, and share resources with?
Ready to connect with like minded Business Owners, Founders, and Entrepreneurs who’ve “been there, done that” ?
Join us at the Bay Area Mastermind for a Test-Drive and see if our Mastermind is what you’ve been missing.