The most recent session of our Business Mastery Program kicks off Module 6 on Financial Management. Here is what we touched on from my notes during our workshop:
- Why people love money but don’t want to learn about financial management
- The difference between how wealthy people buy multi-million dollars homes and how first time home buyers but their first home
- When to pay all cash for a commercial property – and when not to
- The difference between buying a $5k camera to start a photography business and buying a $3k camera
- The “Language of Business”, who speaks it, and how you can, too
- How to find a good bookkeeper
- What learning accounting has to do with traveling to France or Italy
- What 3 years of financials can say about your business – that you can’t
- What it means when, for example, you’re spending “too much” on employees
- How cash businesses can’t hide their profits no matter how they try
- The key concepts, key documents, and resources you’ll want in your business
- The differences between an accountant, bookkeeper, wealth advisor, and CFO
- How to differentiate between a “financial accountant” vs a “managerial accountant” – and when/why you need each
- Why money is NOT “the root of all evil” … except when it is
- The impact of debt on cash FLOW and when negative profits can be okay
- Cash vs. Accrual Accounting – which is simpler, and when to use one vs the other
- How raising prices can lead to MORE customers – and when to do so
- Which financial documents cover a period of time vs. a snapshot in time and when to use each
- Profit & Loss Statement (P&L) statements, Balance Sheets, Cash Management, and Budgets
- When to break down reports by year vs. quarter vs. month vs. DAY
- Your profit planning tool to take a goal plan and put it into financial terms
- Your “Business Financial Operating Model”
- How to create “future planned” P&Ls
- What represents the VALUE of your business ownership
- How to figure out owner benefits like salary, benefits, and the business sale valuation
- How to design your business to sell WHEN you want to sell
- What to do TODAY to build a saleable business – vs a glorified job
- When to build a business to sell it
- How to choose between Quickbooks, Quickbooks Online, and Xero
- When – and why – to use a Payroll Service
- How do you protect yourself from a bookkeeper going rogue on you. (They have access to your accounts!)
- How to set your salary as a business owner (Next session!)
- Why bookkeepers suggest owners take a draw and not a salary – and why that’s likely a terrible idea for your business
Want to join us for a future Business Mastery session or catch the full replay of the session above? Join us for a Mastermind Test Drive to see if our Mastermind is a fit for you. Mastermind Members get full access to our live and recorded Business Mastery sessions like the one above!
Who’s Your Peer Advisory Group?
Who do you bounce ideas off with, get expert insights from, and share resources with?
Ready to connect with like minded Business Owners, Founders, and Entrepreneurs who’ve “been there, done that” ?
Join us at the Bay Area Mastermind for a Test-Drive and see if our Mastermind is what you’ve been missing.